How to Take-in a Skirt Waist

Are you losing weight or plan to but don’t want to lose your favorite skirt?  Here’s a two minute alteration that will keep your clothes fitting great and can be undone if necessary.

Oops!  Youtube linked a racy video to this one.  I apologize if any of you saw that link.  I’m fixing the problem but it will take about an hour.  Check back to see the video.

How to Take in a Skirt Waist from Angela Coffman on Vimeo.

P.S.  This skirt has a side zipper.  If your skirt has a back zipper, put in 2 equal sized pleats on either side of the zipper.  Instead of pressing the pleats to center on itself, press them away from the zipper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Frugal Living, Sewing, Tutorial, Uncategorized and tagged altering waist weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Comments

1. caroline
    Posted August 12, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

wow – thank you! That was very easy and I actually think I could do this! I’m not an expert sewer, but your directions were very clear and easy to understand.

2. Posted August 12, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Angela! I can’t wait to try this:)

3. Julia
    Posted August 13, 2010 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Brillant! and I love that skirt too.

4. Steph
    Posted August 13, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

How clever! Thanks!

5. Marjorie
    Posted August 13, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

I watched you video last night and took in my skirt this afternoon. YEAH! I was trying to figure out how to do this and your idea was much simpler than the one I was pondering.

6. Debbie
    Posted August 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

I have a question: Does this cause the side seams to pull to the back or do they pretty much stay in their position? Thanks

7. Angela
    Posted August 14, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

Debbie,
    They will pull a little to the back, but since my skirt was A-line and not pencil, it wasn’t noticeable at all. If it bothers you, you can divide the fullness between the front and back.

8. Posted September 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

This is the best skirt fix I have ever seen! Love how it looks when its done and how easy it was to do!

Thanks Angela!