And tasty too.
You can also make it dairy free, or sugar free or both.
It costs about half of commercial eggnog.
We’ve voted. And persuaded the neighbor kids to weigh in. It tastes better than the stuff at the store.
The Easiest Eggnog in the World
- 8 cups milk (whole milk tastes more real, but you can use skim or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 pkg 3.5 oz of instant vanilla pudding mix (regular or sugar free)
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rum extract (opt. I have never used this, but I make my vanilla in rum....so it's really good.)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (We tried 1/2 tsp at first but it didn't have enough nutmeg flavor for us.
- 1/3 cup sugar (Original recipe calls for 1/2 cup and this was too sweet for us. You might be able to leave it out all together. I used stevia in the raw for my almond milk version and loved it.)
- Pour 4 cups of milk into the blender and start it whirring on low.
- While it's going, pour in the rest of the ingredients and blend well. Then slowly add the other 4 cups of milk.
- Serve right away and refrigerate the leftovers.
- I made a whole half gallon of almond milk eggnog and then poured it right back into the carton using a funnel. I thought it would last awhile.....but with only about 40 calories a cup, I haven't restrained myself much....