The Frugal Way to Eat Out: Weekend Links

Frugal way to eat out

When we were getting out of debt our kids were 4,2,and 1 and couldn’t remember ever being in a restaurant.  One day my parents called up and offered to take us out.  I told the children, “We’re going out to eat!”  They started jumping up and down and clapping, chanting, “A picnic, a picnic. We’re going on a picnic.”  And that my friends is the frugal way to go “out” to eat, lol. They were pretty disappointed to end up inside a restaurant.

Here are some fun links for you for weekend reading, inspired by a family bonding picnic. Click the photos to go to the source and read more.

f9262a97b29438151fb20529398bf855

6d7883d9d7ecb70cec9f27cdb06fa576

diy-patterned-picnic-blanket

Travel-Picnic-Blanket-12sm

windproof_picnic_blanket_thumbalissasaylorphotography_job4-21-of-24Memory Recording Picnic Blanket

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Frugal Living, Weekend Links. Bookmark the permalink. Trackbacks are closed, but you can post a comment.

6 Comments

1. Posted August 2, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

That story cracks me up! I love going out to eat, but it’s just not financially possible these days. Thanks for the great links.

2. Angela
    Posted August 3, 2014 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Heather, I know what you mean. Darren and I get out a couple of times a month, but we go alone for a date. Taking the kids makes the bill crazy high, so we look for fun ways to treat them otherwise.

3. lydia stench
    Posted August 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

That was funny!! Glad to see you back.

4. Angela
    Posted August 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Lydia! It’s good to be back. You’ve always been a faithful reader and commenter. I appreciate it!

5. Barb
    Posted August 6, 2014 at 6:41 am | Permalink

I so enjoy ideas of how to use mason jars. Have used one for a picnic by dressing it up like a bumble bee and putting our plastic ware in it. The jar was also used to hold the wayward table cloth down when the wind came up! I usually don’t comment on blogs, but just had to here. We are struggling to get out of debt before retirement and look for frugal ways to save money. Thanks for the links you shared!

6. Angela
    Posted August 6, 2014 at 8:16 am | Permalink

Barb, the bee jar sounds adorable! What a great idea. I’m so proud of you for working towards getting out of debt. It’s hard work but so worth it.