It’s time for a little recipe around here. And this one is totally inappropriate, since simultaneously I am waking up my CentsablyFit blog. After 3 months of illness and getting totally out of shape, I’m super excited for Holly’s new challenge that starts on Monday. This recipe doesn’t fit in that plan (unless it’s one of the Planned Indulgences.) But it can be lighter by using skim milk and sugar free pudding mix.
If you want to use almond milk with instant pudding mix, you’ll be disappointed; it just doesn’t get thick. Unless you add a tsp of glucomannan powder with it. Have you ever heard of glucomannan? It’s the dried ground up root of the konjac plant. It’s pure fiber (so calorie free) and is a great instant thickener for cold or hot foods. It adds a bit of slick texture of it’s own that is something to get used to. But I’ve used it to make broth gravy, pudding, jam, and thicker smoothies. When I make fitness food with it, it makes me feel fuller faster and longer. I buy mine in bulk from netrition.com. It also comes in capsules, but why swallow a pill when you can eat food?!
It’s make a weird face….
Lick your spoon, good.
And easy. Embarrassingly easy. If someone asks you for the recipe, change the subject, if you have any pride at all.
I have no shame…so I’m sharing.
This recipe makes a 10×15 pan. You could make a smaller batch, but why?
- 1 box honey graham crackers (ooh, or chocolate graham crackers--that would be yummy.)
- 2 packages chocolate pudding (any flavor is yummy)
- 4 cups of milk
- 2-8 oz tubs of whipped topping, thawed
- Line the bottom of your pan with a single layer of graham crackers. Break the crackers as needed to fit.
- Combine milk with pudding mixes in a blender or with a whisk and blend just until it starts to thicken. Fold in one tub of whipped topping.
- Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture over the graham cracker layer and spread it around until it is even.
- Repeat the graham cracker/pudding layers 2 more times.
- Top the whole thing with the second tub of whipped topping.
- Then chill for awhile, like overnight.
- You can eat this right away, but the longer it chills, the more the crackers soak up the pudding and taste more like an eclair.
If you are curious about Fit Yummy Mummy’s Spring Choose Your Challenge. Pop over to Centsably Fit and find out more.