Do you know your design style? Are you a little bit modern or country? Do you like lots of decorations or prefer a minimalistic style? White walls, dark walls, neutral or bold? Painted trim, or stained wood? For some of us it’s hard to decide.
I can appreciate any well decorated space, so I made the mistake in our last home of combining too many styles in one room. Instead of looking relaxing, cohesive and planned, it looked like a mess. If I liked it I stuck it in the room…..yikes. I like both onions and ice cream, but not together. Know what I mean?
With these simple steps, use pinterest to discover your style:
1. Start a pin board for each room in your house. Don’t have one pinboard called “For the Home” that everything goes in. Have a “Living Room” board, “Master Bedroom” board etc.
2. Pin pictures of whole rooms that make you feel the way you want to feel in your home. Don’t just pin product shots of curtains, or pillows etc. Make sure you are pinning entire spaces too.
3. Pin a lot of pictures. At least 30, but 100 is better.
4. Ask a friend to look at your pinboard and suggest your style.
5. Look at your own pinboard and look for common elements among the rooms.
6. Use those common elements in your new design.
I made a little video for you to show what I mean.
I can’t wait for Tuesday! I’m going to show you how to create your design in power point so you can try out new stuff in the space without breaking a sweat or spending a dime.
P.P.S If you have time to follow me, it helps me get more opportunities to work with brands. They look at numbers like those.